Victorian Gothic Halloween decor is the perfect way to change out your farmhouse style for Halloween. Victorian gothic has a lot of similarities to farmhouse decor style. Both use lots of black and white. Both farmhouse and Victorian Gothic use antiques and older looking pieces. So, check out these great picks for turning your Farmhouse decor style into a Victorian Gothic style for Halloween!
If you’re in a hurry (or just curious!) –
✅ Check out these items on Amazon
Table of contents
- 4 Vintage Gothic Halloween Throw Pillow Covers
- Fake Spider Web
- Black Spider Web Lace Table Runner
- Black Lace Spiderweb Fireplace Mantle Cover
- Black Calla Lily Artificial Flower
- Black Lace Spider web Lampshade Cover
- Flameless Candles
- 5-Candle Metal Candelabra
- Skeleton and Raven Cotton Flour Sack Dish Towel
- Cotton Buffalo Plaid Rug Black/White Check Rugs
- Crow Welcome Mat
What is Victorian Gothic Halloween decor style?
The Victorian gothic decor style has a lot of similarities to farmhouse decor style. Both use lots of black and white. Both farmhouse and Victorian Gothic use antiques and older looking pieces.
There are a couple main differences between Victorian Gothic decor style and the Farmhouse decor style. Victorian Gothic is actually more closely related to a French decor style than Farmhouse. Think swirling accents on furniture, flu-de-lis, and other swirling natural inspired decor accents. The French decor style is modified with a Gothic look. Lots of black, dark red, grey, and other dark tones are common in the style. With Victorian Gothic Halloween decor, add in spooky schematics of biology – skeletons, muscular schematics, and other scientific biology prints are common. Add in some stuffed ravens and crows, some cobwebs, and some pumpkins and you are done!
Where to buy Gothic Halloween Decorations?
So, where can you buy Gothic Halloween decorations? Gothic Halloween decorations can be found all over the place, but may take a bit of digging. Since this is more of a specific decor style, your typical witches and pumpkins may not fit into the look. Some places that I have had luck previously finding gothic Halloween decorations are my local craft store, Target, and online stores.
My local craft stores have had some super amazing Victorian Gothic Halloween decorations before. I really prefer to shop in person for decorations if I can. It is easier to feel them and know exactly what you are getting.
Target also sometimes has some really neat Gothic Halloween decorations. It really depends on the year and how much digging you are willing to do. Since Target caters to the masses, if gothic horror is out of fashion for this year’s Hallowee, you may be out of luck finding items here.
One of the best spots for finding spooky Halloween decorations that are Victorian Gothic themed is online. Amazon, Ebay, Etsy are all good go to places to find the perfect Halloween decor for your home. I like shopping online for decor pieces because it gives you a wider selection and makes it easier to find something you love. One word of advice when shopping online – make sure to check out the reviews! You don’t want to buy something online, wait for it to ship, then find out if it’s a dud. I usually only look at items with a four star or higher rating, then look for the ones with hundreds or more reviews.
Great Gothic Halloween Decor picks –
4 Vintage Gothic Halloween Throw Pillow Covers
These four throw pillow covers are perfect for decorating for a Victorian Halloween look. Designs feature owls, crows, skulls and pumpkins. Use these throw pillow covers over the throw pillows you already have to theme them for Halloween. These covers are 18″ x 18″, but can have some minor deviations since they are hand sewn. They close with a zipper. Pillows are made of beige cotton / linen mix. Design is printed on the fabric. Remove pillow then wash cover in cold water on delicate, hang to dry. These pillows would look amazing on your couch and add a touch of Halloween spirit to it.
- Made of quality beige cotton linen material
- 18 x 18 inch, 45cm x 45cm (1-2cm deviation）
- Machine wash in cold water, delicate cycle
- Every step of the process is monitored; From design, printing quality, sewing and packing, to make sure that you will receive a quality product
- Just a pillowcase, do not forget to buy inserts!
Fake Spider Web
Fake spider webs are a huge Halloween decor staple. Every year they adorn bushes, doorways, windows, walls, and more. These spider webs can cover 1000 sq ft and come with 120 spiders. they are easy to spread out and can be used to decorate just about anywhere. Spread them out super thin to cover more area and look like there are masses of little spiders. Or you can keep them thicker and use with a larger spider decoration. Turn your “warm and cheery” front porch into “creepy and spooky” easily with these fake spider webs.
- 9.88 oz. Super stretch web with 120pcs spiders.
- 280g of cobweb is enough to cover over 1000 sq . ft.
- Perfect for a creepy, haunted look.
- Made of soft material and pulls easy to spread.
Black Spider Web Lace Table Runner
This lace spider web table runner is perfect for decorating a buffet or table for Halloween. The lace simultaneously adds a bit of elegance and some creepiness to your table. It is made of one piece of lace. It can look good directly on your table, or layer it with another table runner to really highlight it (it would look amazing against a white or orange table runner!). Use this spider web table runner as a staging area for your mid-table Halloween decor. It would look great with pumpkins, spiders, candles, and more cobwebs on it. This table runner is 18″ x 72″, 100% polyester. Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Low iron if needed.
- 100% Polyester
- 18″ x 72” in size, appropriate for a table that can seat 4-6 people.
- Machine washable, gentle cycle. Low iron if needed.
Black Lace Spiderweb Fireplace Mantle Cover
Looking for gothic Halloween decor for your fireplace mantle? Don’t worry, this great lace fireplace mantle scarf will look amazing on your fireplace. This Fireplace cover is made of 100% polyester. It’s made to sit on and drape over your fireplace mantle, so it will fit a mantle of most any size. 18″ x 94″. This spiderweb mantle cover will help give that gothic decor feeling that you’re looking for. Dress it up with fake ravens, candles, even some dead flowers. Or leave it plain. This mantle scarf can also be used over a buffet or table, pinned up in an interior doorway, over a window, or as a back drop.
- 18″ x 96″ Black lace fireplace mantle scarf features spider web design
- 100% Polyester
- Display on mantle, over interior doorway, hutch, buffet or as a backdrop
Black Calla Lily Artificial Flower
Black flowers are super nice Halloween decorations that are often overlooked. These black Lily’s look incredibly real. They would look great in your Halloween decor for your house. They can be used in a vase like shown, or scattered around artistically with a bunch of pumpkins, some skulls, and maybe a fake raven or two. There are so many different decor ideas that you can use fake flowers like these for. They would be great for a scary Halloween look. Each set contains 24 flowers.
- Made of premium PU, seamless from stem to flower, no frays on the edges, these calla Lilies looks like they just come from garden.
- Pack of 24.
- Overall height: 14″(36cm), flower head:2″(5cm)
- Flowers are made of premium PU, looks real, vivid color, soft to the touch.
- Stems are made of steel wire inside and plastic outside,it can be bent freely and cut easily.
Black Lace Spider web Lampshade Cover
These beautiful black lace spider web lampshade covers are perfect for a Victorian Halloween decor theme. You can drape these over your existing lamp shades to dress them up for Halloween quickly and easily. These have a bat and spider with spiderwebs pattern on them. They’re a great, quick idea to add a scary, spooky Halloween atmosphere to any room. Made of 100% polyester. These lampshades are machine washable, hang to dry. Three lampshades come in each set. Lampshades measure 20″ x 60″ with an adjustable 50″ tie. These lampshade covers can fit most any lamp.
- Simple and easy Halloween decor.
- Premium lightweight 100% polyester. Washable and easy to dry.
- Each lamp shade cover measures approx 20″ X 60″ and the ribbon rope is about 50″.
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor Halloween Decoration.
These candles are perfect for your Halloween decor. They’re made of real, ivory color wax. they have a melted edge and a natural dripping wax look to make them look more realistic. The best part – they are battery powered! Battery powered flameless candles like these are amazing. You can put them anywhere and not worry about lighting things on fire or melted wax getting on stuff. Note that they may melt if you get them too hot – so keep them at room temperature or lower. There are multiple different size candles in this set, perfect for placing together in a display or spreading them around a room. They come in 2″, 3″, 4″, 5″, 7″ and 9″ sizes. These candles have a 5 hour timer – set the switch on the bottom to “timer” and they stay lit for 5 hours, then turn off. They’ll automatically turn back on the next day at the same time. I love these types of candles for hallway sconces, placing in my fireplace instead of a log, or in the center of a table. I really love that I don’t have to worry about pets or kids knocking them over.
- Unscented real wax flickering candles that include a timer option
- Set of 6 Battery Powered Candles; SLIM 2″ Wide and 2 3 4 5 7 9 Tall
- Use the switch on the bottom to set the 5-hour timer or set continuous glow it toggles: On/Off/Timer for easy operation.
- Enjoy the look of traditional candles without the risk.
- Please NOTE: Since they are made with real wax they may melt in some conditions.
- Each candle requires a CR2032 battery that is already included and installed!
5-Candle Metal Candelabra
This metal candelabra for a Victorian Halloween. Just add some taper candles for instant gothic ambiance. This would look great on a buffet, especially if you have the spider table cloth on it too! Just add a few skulls or pumpkins and you are good to go. If you are having a Halloween party, you could set this with the food dishes on the buffet table to add some height. This candelabra is 10.6″ tall and can hold 5 taper candles. It screws together for easy construction. This would also look great on a fireplace mantle or hearth – there are tons of possibilities for using this.
- Metal candelabra Designed for 5 candles
- 10.6″ Tall Candle Holder
- Easy to build
- Suitable for candles with a diameter of 0.87″ (2.2cm)
- Looks great on your sitting room and dining room table
Skeleton and Raven Cotton Flour Sack Dish Towel
These dish towels scream Victorian gothic decor. The drawing style of the skull and raven is very fitting for the look. Switch out your normal dish towels for these to give a bit of a goth Halloween look to your kitchen. These flour dish sack towels are 100% hand loomed cotton. They are 30″ x 30″. The graphics are designed and printed in the US. Machine wash these towels on cold, air or tumble dry. You can iron them on the reverse if needed.
- Beautiful, artistically rendered graphics
- Designed and printed in the USA on premium towels from India
- 100% hand-loomed cotton flour sack
- Generously sized at 30 x 30 inches
- Machine wash cold, air or tumble dry low; iron on reverse side
Cotton Buffalo Plaid Rug Black/White Check Rugs
Ok, I know what you’re thinking. A checkered rug does not say “Halloween”. Stick with me. This is for underneath the next rug – Crow Welcome Mat. The crow welcome mat is perfect for a gothic horror style Halloween decor, and this checked rug will accent it nicely to make sure it stands out. It would be a shame to get the awesome crow welcome mat and have it overlooked. this checked rug is 27.5″ x 43″. It is 45% cotton, 45% polyester and 10% viscose. It’s machine washable. This rug is double sided, and hand woven. Now, you may already have a checked rug like this for your farmhouse decor – in which case, just grab the Crow Welcome Mat. If you don’t have one of these over sized checkered rugs yet, make sure you grab one!
- Wider and longer than most rugs – 27.5″ x 43″. Perfect fit for a 18″ x 30″ hello door mat.
- Outdoor rug is made of high-quality cotton that is soft and comfortable to touch.
- Classic black, white check pattern.
- Rug is easy to care for and can be hand or machine washed. Or use a simple vacuum cleaner to remove the dirt quickly.
- The perfect checkered rug for a welcome door mat; form a layered effect with your rugs.
Crow Welcome Mat
This crow welcome mat is perfect for layering with the over sized checkered mat above. Combine them to get a Farmhouse / Victorian gothic Halloween feel on your doorstep. This doormat would also look great on it’s own. This welcome mat is made of natural coir fibers. It is 18″ x 30″. The crow is silk screened onto the coir.
- Approximate dimensions are 18″ x 30″
- Made out of natural coir fibers
- Design is silk screened
Switching out a few key decor items in your home can easily give a Victorian Gothic Halloween look. These items here can all be used on their own or combined with other Halloween decor that you already have to make your house look spooktacular this Halloween! Get that Gothic Halloween Decor look that you really want, buy these items today!
- Looking for cheap farmhouse decor for your house? Check out this post about where to find cheap farmhouse decor!